Pink

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Soapiness of Nannyhood!!!

Okay well I totally had my mind blown today...but first: I must tell you all about my SUPERness last friday!!

So far in this blog we've talked about my journey to get to NY, some of the fun things I've done here and getting used to my nanny family but NOW we get into the real stuff!! Last friday was such a crazy busy day in my nanny world! Now that Diva has started school (some half days, some full days) our world is a little bit of this, a little bit of that! Friday was full of taking her to school, taking Princess to a preschool ice cream social to meet her teachers, waiting for the dishwasher delivery man, picking up Diva in my car since MB had princess in theirs..and then when we finally all got home and had lunch then their Nana showed up for some togetherness time for a few hours! There was nothing on that day that let us have our routine and schedule but hey, that just happens sometimes right?!

In the late afternoon that day MB told me about a "Welcome back to school" BBQ that Diva's school was putting on and asked if I wanted to take the girls and of course I accepted because I love adventures!!

OH MY GOSH..WHAT AN ADVENTURE IT WAS!!!! At the exact time that we got out of the car for the BBQ to begin..NY decided it was a great for a thunder and rain storm!!! The girls were freaking out! lol! So for the next 2 1/2 hours I was wrangling two goofy girls, three dinner plates, six muddy shoes, 25 minutes in an ice cream truck line, 30 minutes in the rain waiting for the jump house and 100s of people we didn't know, probably judging the crazy nanny with two messy girls! lol!
Needless to say, when we finally got home and everyone was drenched, coated in melted ice cream and exhausted...I was ready for my friday night to do nothing! LOL!! Oh how I love my hectic life!

NOW to the good stufff!!! So most of you know about the fabulous Nanny M that I was introduced to on my first week of work! Our employers work together and have been friends for a while and naturally they had to fix up their nannies to be friends too! I've been incredibly grateful to that because she is a DOLL!!! She's in her 50s and has grown kids of her own and been nannying FOREVER! The first time we had a playdate she was telling me some local parks to go to, about her church that she wants me to go to, what areas here to avoid..etc.. I felt like I learned a lot from her, well that was NOTHING compared to what she taught me today!!

See, over the last few weeks I've been taking the girls to a variety of different parks, usually two parks a day..and sometimes we run into the same Nanny/Kid combos day after day. The kids play together sometimes and sometimes they dont but the Nannies always seem to talk to each other and it feels like everyone knows everyone else!

You all pretty much know ME, and know that I am NOT shy! LOL! I will pretty much talk to anyone and by the end of 10 minutes they will know my whole life story (even when I was little)..So that's how it usually goes..but I haven't been able to crack these Nannies! Now, you know that I'm not racist at ALL.. actually I'm the furthest from it, but after a while of me trying to connect with these ladies and them just not investing in my at ALL, I mean we're talking about fake smiles and walking away while I am talking to them about kids, our activities, etc.. WALKING AWAY!!! Anyway, It came to my mind that maybe they weren't talking to me because I was the only White girl there?? WELL, Nanny M has explained to me what was going on.

I guess these groups of Nannies avoid other Moms at the playgrounds at all cost, and since I am new to the scene Nanny M thinks that the other Nannies thought I was the mom!! THAT made me laugh sooo hard! Me?.. The mom?? Okay!

So I asked her what the big deal about the moms were? I mean, the whole three years I was in Phoenix and had kids with me all my friends except one other nanny my friends were the stay at home moms! I would host toddler parties and I was the only non-mom there! LOL! Well, apparently it's different here!

She explained that this big group of Older, African, Jamaican, Asian and Hispanic Nannies that all hangout together at the parks have been burned by Other Moms, nosing into their business and then going to their employers with stories they hear at the playground and some nannies that they've had in their homes for YEARS have actually gotten fired! DOESN'T THIS SOUND JUST LIKE THE HELP!!! LOL!! It absolutely kills me!!

Some Nannies had been complaining about their jobs, or not watching the kids, or being on their phones too much, or talking not so nice to the kids, (ALL NOT GOOD NANNY TRAITS) Have been ratted on by Secret Agent Spy Moms! lol!!

Soooo Nanny M said that she would let them all know that I'm good people, but that just raises a question in my head.. DO I EVEN WANT THEM AROUND ME???

If someone is going to be that protective and judgmental of new people, Do I even want to put up with their pettiness?? Whatever happened to being polite and saying "Hi! How's it goin today? What have you guys been up to?" to no matter WHO they are!! Geesh! LOL!

So I'm eager to see what happens next time I am seen with Nanny M (who I guess is one of the Veterans and everyone loves her)!!

I just thought that had to be shared because WHO KNEW there would be so many little secrets and cliques in a playground by the CAREGIVERS!!! LOL!!!

Until Next time....BE NICE TO PEOPLE!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment