Pink

Friday, August 10, 2012

New York...New Beginnings!!

Hello my friends!!!!

It's been soooo long since I've blogged but this is the start of a new habit! I've just moved across the country from Phoenix to New York for a new nanny job! Since I'm now on a different time zone than most of my family back home and a lot of my friends around the country, I've decided that keeping a regular blog will be easier than trying to catch up with people on the phone. I also feel bad for the people that have me on their facebook timeline and don't really give a crap about my daily happenings, so this is where SoapNannyConfessions comes in. If you want to know about what's going on in my CRAZY life..then follow me here!! 

I know it's been a week now since I've been here and most of you have kept up on my travels via facebook but I just want to tell about how AWESOME my trip out here was! 

The road trip to my future!!....was AMAZING!!! I had such a great experience on my way here! I started on a saturday morning and had planned on stopping in New Mexico for the night at my friend Zou's friend's house.. I thought it was super nice that she was allowing me to crash with her when I hadn't even met her yet. Well, I ended up leaving too early because I was excited and I got to New Mexico by 1pm and if you know me at ALL, you'll know that I thought that would be a complete waste of a day to stop that early... so I just kept going! 
My destination the next day was my best friend Sara Mae's house in Keota, Oklahoma so I just decided that after 7 1/2 hours of driving that adding another 9 1/2 was nothing! LOL! I ended up getting there at 12:30am, but we didn't care.. it meant that we got an extra day together!

So I spent the next few days with some of my favorite people, going to Sara's church, shopping with her sister for school clothes, having the great pecan pie that her Gammy makes me everytime I go there, spending time with her niece and nephews and bugging the crap out of her with my obsession with the Olympics! loL! I had a great time and almost bawled my eyes out when I had to leave...but Idianapolis was next!

My friend from High school, Erica and her sweet little family had invited me to stay with them for two nights! I had sooo much fun! It had been almost three years since I had seem them and I hadn't met their newest baby girl yet either! Erica and I stayed up way too late the first night just catching up with eachother, talking family, friends, god and the craziness of our adult lives! The next morning I went to her school where she teaches and helped her get her classroom set up and I had a blast with that! lol! I met some of her teacher friends and they thought I was crazy, of course.. with all my stories of being a nanny, moving cross country and the soap opera event stuff mixed it, I bet I was the talk of the faculty break room for a few days! LOL!

The next day I set off to Philadelphia where I stayed with my Nanny friends Sue and Charlotte! Oh goodness, how I love them! They made me feel right at home and listened to my little freak outs I was having, knowing that was the last leg of my race and I would be going to my new home the next morning!
I had done EXTREMELY well being in denial that my world was changing and I couldn't run from it any longer!

So the day came and after fighting with the New Jersey turnpike and toll booths I had finally arrived in Scarsdale, NY .. at my new live-in family's house!
The girls greeted me at the door and the DB (Dad Boss) helped me unload my extremely packed car! Since they had only moved into the new house a few days before that, my room actually became the only room in the house completely unpacked! :)

So after an afternoon of unpacking, calling my parents and letting them know I had made it, and going to our first dinner as a family... I was pretty excited to start my first week as Princess and Diva's nanny!!!

So right now, it's friday night and I've lived here and work here for five days.. I'm as excited NOW as I was that first night.. They have proved to be awesome people and I believe this will be an amazing chapter to add to my life!

Just to clarify a few things for everyone... I will not be releasing the families real names, jobs or anything personal...This is just an outlet for me to let my friends and family (and anyone else out there) know what's going on in my life! So to protect everyone involved I will be changing names! 

The girls are Diva (5yrs old) and Princess (2yrs old).. DB (Dad boss) MB (Mom Boss) 
Just know from here on out in the Nanny side of things, the names aren't real! :)

Well, at some point I will write about my first week in detail and explain how exciting it is to be working in such a different culture or place than I ever have before.. but for now I must go to bed!

We leave at 8am for Vacation in Cape Cod tomorrow morning and I'm sure that in itself will be it's own blog when we return next weekend!!

Until then... Treat your caregivers like Gold! :)

Love Ya!!

Summer Kay the Soap Nanny!





2 comments:

  1. Bravo, I am so excited to be able to follow this new chapter of your life with you. Enjoy every minute of your vacation. I look forward to reading all about it. Oh and btw, I love you Summer and I miss you dearly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting adventure Summer! <3 Alyssa C.

    ReplyDelete