Pink

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Seashells and Smiles :)

Whew!! THAT was quite a week we just had! I feel like I had no idea what to expect when I left that Saturday morning, little did I know...I REALLY had no idea what would happen!

Let me start off by saying I LOVE MY EMPLOYERS! I know that it takes a while to get to know eachother and in this setting where I already live with them, it's tricky sometimes but in short I really enjoy being around them on a regular basis and am completely excited for this next year of our lives!

So we got to Cape Cod on Saturday afternoon and were met by their extended family. There were 11 of us sharing this rental house for the week and we just hit the ground running! It was all very surreal. It was like, Hi Summer, nice to meet you...okay take care of my children, thanks! :)

No, the childcare part wasn't too bad at all. I actually had a melt down on the first full day there and ended up crying in front of the Grandma and my MB. I was frustrated because as a Nanny going on vacation with your employers it's always very tricky. You both need to sit down and dictate what the expectation of you will be during the stay. What you need to do, what hours you will be working..etc. But we had none of that. I think our situation is just so different because every single transition you could ever have with your employer...we had it ALL at the same time RIGHT when I started! lol! So because we didn't really know eachother yet, I was afraid they would think I was a slacker if I weren't following the kids around the house all day and they were afraid that I was feeling taken advantage of because of the other kids there...so once we actually sat down and had some much needed communication take place, it ended up being a really GREAT week!!!!

I saw things and did things that I've only imagined in my head and seen on movies! We spent days on the beach of the Atlantic ocean, helping the kids collect shells (including LOTS of horseshoe crabs which I had never seen before!) We actually went swimming in the ocean and then played in the sand for hours! We took a nature walk one morning and ended up in this little village with shops and restaurants and the kids randomly played mini golf, it was adorable! I LOVE cute little places like that and it reminded me of when I was little and we went to Seaside, OR or Longbeach, Wa BUT .. the people wore way different clothing and drove different cars! LOL! It really made me laugh that the people are so stereotypical in how they dress. Khakis, dress shirts, with a sweater tied around their shoulders with penny loafers.. CRACKED me up!!! Don't get me wrong, it's nice and all but I'm used to seeing guys in either shorts and a t-shirt, or wranglers and a flannel! It's just a little different!

So our time on the Cape was pretty awesome! We didn't get to sight see or do many activities because that's not what this trip was about. It was their family getting to spent a bunch of time together and relax as much as possible because of their hectic lives at home all year round! I believe that goal was accomplished, and I'm really excited that I feel like I know them alot better now than if I had just moved in and started our normal routine right off the bat. Plus, Princess, Diva and I know eachother a lot more now! :)

Oh.. before I end the CAPE part of this blog, I have to add that we were there when Taylor Swift picked out her compound next door to the Kennedy's and I'm extremely offended that I wasn't personally invited to her house warming party! lol.. Afterall, I DID have my first glass of Dom Perignon! :)

So after we left that Vacation we headed to the Berkshires for a couple days! That drive was sooo pretty! Of course I spent the little over 2 hours blasting my music and singing at the top of my lungs because that is my way of letting out all the energy I don't get to let out when I never have any alone time! Give me a car, my ipod and a couple hundred miles and I am good to go!!!

When we drive into the Berkshires, I totally had a fangirl moment because it was EXACTLY how the movies make it seem! A cute little village town, mountains of green everywhere and people with a perma grin walking out of HUGE houses, waving to their neighbors passing by! It was awesome!!

So we went there for a day to stay with My employer's Parents because our floors were being stained in the new house and we couldn't go home yet because it was still stinky! Nice place to HAVE to be in for a couple days! lol!

The house we stayed in was built in 1815 and it was incredible! The floors creaked, the doors squeaked and it still had most of the original features!!! I'm not gonna lie tho, at night when everyone was in bed...I totally heard voices talking outside my window, I'm pretty sure it was some old spirits or something! lol! Anyway, we had fun those two days. We went to the library in town, walked the flea market where Diva got a tye dyed dress that she's now in love with, and ate at a few of the restaurants in the little village of shops! Needless to say, I won't be upset when we go visit their family there again soon! :)

When we finally got home on tuesday night, I was BEAT! It has been such a crazy week and a half and I'm sure this is nothing compared to what I will experience in this next year, but for me this was a great way to make my entrance into this city!!

Since we've been back the girls and I have been busy finding new parks near and far from where we live! We explored the New York Botanical Gardens yesterday and today we spent most of the day at the Aquarium in Norwalk, CT!!

I get excited everytime I get to drive them places and even more excited when the day is done and I can blast my music on a little joy ride exploring my new place of residence!

I have yet to go into THE CITY, but with some friends that I know here it's bound to happen soon!!

It's time for me to take some more cough syrup and head to dreamland now, But I hope some of my Vacation adventures entertained you all!!

Until next time!



5 comments:

  1. wonderful experience...proud of you for all the adventures you taking on, enjoyed your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow summy! Sounds like it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy things are falling into place like they are. It is wonderful to hear that you and the new family are getting along so well. Sounds like you made a great choice, I already knew they did when they picked you. I am so happy you are doing this blog and I can't wait for your next post. Love you Summer Kaye ♥

      Delete
  3. I finally made it to your blog Summer! So fun to read. New chapters in life are growing experiences, & memories that will stay with forever in your heart. This will be one of those. Friday is my catch up days on blogs, so I will look forward to seeing yours every Friday.

    ReplyDelete